Saturday, December 8, 2007

Tis the Season!

I wish a very Happy Holiday to all my friends and patrons, old and new. It’s December and the weather is not co-operating with me as far as comfy outdoor sales, but still life and art goes on. You can find me for purchases at the Alexandria Farmer’s Market Saturday mornings until Christmas, and Sundays at Eastern Market in Washington, DC. My paintings are featured currently at the EWI A Woman’s Story Gallery and also at Madeleine’s Doggy Boutique both on King Street in Old Town Alexandria. I currently have a Solo show with works available at the Durant Center 1605 Cameron Street until January 2 2008. There is ALSO a solo show at The Massey Cancer Center of the Virginia Commonwealth University Medical Center in Richmond Virginia until January 5 2008. Please contact me if you’d like information on either of those shows. If you are looking for the perfect last minute stocking stuffer or gift idea, I can help. I have available 4x4x1” free standing or wall mountable holiday ornament blocks (see attachment) these are lightweight canvas blocks perfect for hanging on the tree or to give as collectible gifts. Each year I paint a new one of a kind design for the season. Collect them all. They are priced at $15.00 each or, if you buy three or more, they are $10.00 each. I have a hand painted Christmas Cards still available. They come in packs of 4 cards for $25.00. Each painting is had crafted on matte board and mounted on archival paper. They make great gift cards or can be framed in a 5x7” frame for years of enjoyment. Like the blocks there is a different design for each year’s holiday card. Get your 2007 before they are gone. I also have sensuous hand painted silk scarves available in a variety of sizes. They are painted in the style of my abstracted landscapes using intense rich colors with traditional French Silk dye/resist and set techniques. Scarves can be crafted to order if there are specific colors your loved one likes. The Scarves come in several sizes. 8 x 54” Neck Scarves, 22x90” Stoles, The full size “Pashima” like 35 x 84” Veils, 44” Square neck and head scarves, and even little silk chiffon Kimono style jackets for casual and evening wear. Please feel free to check my web site for style and colors and write me or call for orders. This month there was a wonderful personality profile written by Trudi Van Dyke about my life and work in the Élan Artist Magazine of Northern Virginia. Featuring 4 pages of my paintings, I was very grateful for the coverage and the in-depth writing, also for Élan’s mission to introduce emerging and established artists in the Metro DC area to the public. As always my studio in Old Town is available for you to visit and select your gifts, or just have a cup of coffee and share the time with me! Happy holidays to you all! Until next time, Create Beauty and fill the world with love. Wynn